Window size after installing syntastic

Facundo Batista

Apr 13, 2015, 5:23:28 PM4/13/15
to vim-sy...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I have this in my .vimrc:

  if has("gui_running")
      set lines=45
      set columns=105
  endif

Always worked ok. However, after installing syntastic (all steps from README), every gvim I open has lines=31 and columns=154.

Tried to see if this was set in any of the syntastic files, but couldn't find where.

Thanks for the help!

. Facundo

LCD 47

Apr 13, 2015, 5:35:10 PM4/13/15
to vim-sy...@googlegroups.com
No, this has nothing to do with syntastic. Syntastic reads columns,
but it doesn't change it. And it neither reads, nor changes lines.
Look at other plugins, and / or at other config files read by vim.

/lcd

Facundo Batista

Jun 5, 2015, 8:38:06 AM6/5/15
to vim-sy...@googlegroups.com

However, if I comment out the pathogen execution, the window size is not changed! (it respects the settings I have):

With "comment out pathogen" I mean adding quotes to this line:

  call pathogen#infect()

BTW, when the window starts in a weird size, its size is columns=185 lines=25

Thanks!

LCD 47

Jun 5, 2015, 9:29:39 AM6/5/15
to vim-sy...@googlegroups.com
On 5 June 2015, Facundo Batista <facundo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, April 13, 2015 at 6:35:10 PM UTC-3, LCD 47 wrote:
> >
> > On 13 April 2015, Facundo Batista <facundo...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
> > wrote:
> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > I have this in my .vimrc:
> > >
> > > if has("gui_running")
> > > set lines=45
> > > set columns=105
> > > endif
> > >
> > > Always worked ok. However, after installing syntastic (all steps
> > > from README), every gvim I open has lines=31 and columns=154.
> > >
> > > Tried to see if this was set in any of the syntastic files, but
> > > couldn't find where.
> >
> > No, this has nothing to do with syntastic. Syntastic reads
> > columns, but it doesn't change it. And it neither reads, nor
> > changes lines. Look at other plugins, and / or at other config
> > files read by vim.
>
> However, if I comment out the pathogen execution, the window size is
> not changed! (it respects the settings I have):
>
> With "comment out pathogen" I mean adding quotes to this line:
>
> call pathogen#infect()
>
> BTW, when the window starts in a weird size, its size is columns=185
> lines=25

It still has nothing to do with syntastic. You can find out where
lines and columns were set by running this command:

:verbose set lines? columns?

/lcd