Online syntax checking

gvsm...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2015, 2:03:30 PM6/2/15
to vim-sy...@googlegroups.com
I'm sorry if this question borders on being silly. I've just installed syntastic. Is it possible to configure syntastic to check live. By live I mean it checks as soon as the user edits the file for syntactical errors? Is saving a file the only way to bring up the syntax checker?
Thank you.

LCD 47

Jun 2, 2015, 2:15:35 PM6/2/15
to vim-sy...@googlegroups.com
On 2 June 2015, <gvsm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm sorry if this question borders on being silly. I've just installed
> syntastic. Is it possible to configure syntastic to check live.
> By live I mean it checks as soon as the user edits the file for
> syntactical errors?

The short answer is no. Please see this thread for a more detailed
discussion:

https://github.com/scrooloose/syntastic/issues/699

> Is saving a file the only way to bring up the syntax checker?

You can also run :SyntasticCheck (but somehow, I don't think this is
what you're asking). :)

/lcd