Vim language syntax

Mahurshi Akilla

Sep 5, 2010, 11:59:55 PM9/5/10
to vim-perl
Can any one suggest some good books or sites that talk about the vim
coding language to configure and write subroutines for vim? I am
quite familiar with perl but it looks like the syntax is a bit
different for vim. Thanks..

Mark Grimes

Sep 7, 2010, 12:57:21 PM9/7/10
to vim-perl

I thought this series by Damian Conway was very interesting:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-vim-script-1/index.html

Ganesh

Sep 7, 2010, 3:56:30 PM9/7/10
to vim-...@googlegroups.com
I feel that the vim online documentation is a really good one too!
http://www.vim.org/docs.php

There is the vim tutorial document http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial.
This is a one to get you going quickly if you are beginner though it
does not have some advanced commands. In my linux(ubuntu) box I can
just run vimtutor command to get this. Apart from these you always
have the vim help. When you invoke vim without parameters the initial
screen shows you instructions on how to invoke vim help.

Thanks,
Ganesh