"Restarting" the group

Chad McCullough

Jun 16, 2017, 12:53:45 AM6/16/17
to Vim Geeks
Hello all,

I'm a Linux user and developer of around 23 years and moved to the St. Louis area a couple of years ago. Just found your group on Twitter and was wondering if there's any interest in restarting the group? Believe it or not, even as a 23 year user of Linux, I just started using Vim a year ago. I was (and still am, really) an emacs guy. I used to use it for all of my development work but have always wanted to learn Vim.

Again, just thought I would see if there's any interest in getting the group active again.

Mark Volkmann

Jun 16, 2017, 3:15:53 AM6/16/17
to vim-...@googlegroups.com
I am interested in restarting the group!

R. Mark Volkmann
Object Computing, Inc.

Steven Pritchard

Jun 16, 2017, 9:57:38 PM6/16/17
to vim-...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure that interest ever waned, but it did get very difficult to reliably find a meeting place every month.

If you can offer up a meeting location, I think several of us would jump back in to help with meeting topics and such.

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 2:04 PM, Chad McCullough <cm1...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello all,

I'm a Linux user and developer of around 23 years and moved to the St. Louis area a couple of years ago. Just found your group on Twitter and was wondering if there's any interest in restarting the group? Believe it or not, even as a 23 year user of Linux, I just started using Vim a year ago. I was (and still am, really) an emacs guy. I used to use it for all of my development work but have always wanted to learn Vim.

Again, just thought I would see if there's any interest in getting the group active again.

R. Mark Volkmann
Object Computing, Inc.

Andrew Williams

Jun 23, 2017, 5:09:30 PM6/23/17
to vim-...@googlegroups.com

I'm pretty sure I can offer up the CenturyLink offices if folks were ok coming this far west.

Mark Volkmann

Jun 23, 2017, 5:45:38 PM6/23/17
to vim-...@googlegroups.com
Fine with me!

R. Mark Volkmann
Object Computing, Inc.

L. V. Lammert

Jun 23, 2017, 5:57:42 PM6/23/17
to Must be gmail LVLammert
On Jun 23, 2017, at 4:09 PM, Andrew Williams <william...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm pretty sure I can offer up the CenturyLink offices if folks were ok
coming this far west.

Fine with me also! Old Savvis or Maryville?

Lee