How to start Village Telco in 2020?

Ermas

Nov 17, 2019, 8:18:14 AM11/17/19
to Village Telco Development Community
Hello,
I understand that Village Telco is no longer manufacturing. So, what are the alternatives for people who want to deploy a similar project Africa?
Thanks
Ernest

Paul Colmer

Nov 17, 2019, 9:36:44 AM11/17/19
to village-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ernst

There is the iNethi project in Capetown testing open cellular which very interesting and at WAPA I head up the 1st commercial trials in TV whitespace funded by US Trade and Development Association.
Both projects are aimed at affordable connectivity for underserviced areas.
Then there is old mate Dr Carlos Rey Moreno who built in Mankosi .

So there is some stuff going on .

Regards

Paul

Paul Colmer & Associates
074 569 5014

Song, Stephen

Nov 17, 2019, 10:25:39 AM11/17/19
to Village Telco Dev
Hi Ernest,

There are a host of alternative WiFi (and other) technologies that you can use.  Because Village Telco has wound down, this list may not be the best place to ask that question.  However, there is a new online community at https://communitynetworks.group/ where I think you will find many people (including myself) who would be happy to help.  I would recommend starting with some information about where you are and what problem you are trying to solve.

Best regards... Steve