Welcome Alessandra Fenizi, Stefano Quintarelli, Paolo Coppola, Luigi Rosa (and bold aim)

Pietro Speroni di Fenizio

Sep 7, 2013, 1:51:59 PM9/7/13
to vilfredo-deve...@googlegroups.com
Don't miss this one.

Dear all, Stefano Quintarelli and Paolo Coppola are two members of the Italian Parliament (in the UK you would say MP). Both interested in eDemocracy and new technologies. Stefano Quintarelli was elected inside the Lista Civica party, while Paolo Coppola inside the Partito Democratico. First Stefano contacted me when he discovered my work, and then he set up a skype meeting also with Paolo.
He speaks (in Italian) about how his path inside eDemocracy on his blog. In this blog post he concludes that he found our work in Vilfredo interesting, and was inviting people to read it.

When Stefano and Paolo met me they showed interest for Vilfredo, they even expressed the intention (for now just a hope) to use it inside the Italian Parliament. In particular, as you know Vilfredo only can handle groups of a limited size. But in the Italian Parliament (and not only there) laws are not actually discussed in the parliament. Instead they are discussed in the Commissioni Parlamentari, parliamentary committee. Which have (or should have) members from each party. Each committee focuses on one topic  (you can find here a list of the Committees in the Italian Senate), and in each committee between 30-50 are signed. Even though not all are active at the same time. It starts to be a number more near what Vilfredo can handle. The work of a Committee usually ends with a law that is then sent to the Parliament to be ratified. And for this to happen it must have received the majority of the votes inside the Committee. Note that in Vilfredo we try to reach full consensus, while of course with too many people, and people coming from opposite parties, and representing opposite interests, this will often not be possible. So the number of people in those committees are maybe too many. But they don't really need to reach consensus, plus many people will just vote following other people of the same party. All this makes the problem easier to solve. Mathematically speaking.

I met Alessandra Fenizi through Stefano Quintarelli. Alessandra is more of an activist, and has flabbergasted me with her energy and indeas on how to use Vilfredo. Not only has Alessandra kept the connection between me and Stefano. She also started organising the use of Vilfredo for her "Comitato di Quartiere". Local Committee among the people that leave in her area of Rome. While using Vilfredo for Parliamentary Committees is more like a long term dream, this is definitely possible. And we are working to make it happen.

I met also Luigi Rosa through Stefano Quintarelli. Luigi red Stefano Blog Post and offered help to code or tests. Stefano got Luigi in touch with me. And Luigi offered to help both in terms of Security and in terms of making the system usable by non technicians (i.e. User Interface).

So we have:
Stefano Quintarelli and Paolo Coppola, MP from the Italian Parliamente interested in Vilfredo.
Alessandra Fenizi, activist who is pushing Vilfredo for small groups around
Luigi Rosa, IT engineer who offered help for the UI and security.
wow.

Please anyone feel free to add anything, or discuss any of it.

Pietro