VSA Meeting 10/13

WSiaB

Oct 13, 2012, 1:51:18 AM10/13/12
to viking-sp...@googlegroups.com
We will be meeting at Fry's Electronics Cafe @ 10AM.  Bring what experiments, etc you have (leave them in your car until we are ready for them).  Any questions?  Feel free to call or text me on my cell at 925-289-6969.

John

darinvergara

Oct 13, 2012, 11:15:56 AM10/13/12
to viking-sp...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,
Sorry for the late notice but, I won't be able to make today's meeting. I do have a few ideas for experiments though. What do you think of a small living payload. They would be some kind of insect to see how they fare in such conditions. Also, did you have something measuring atmospheric pressure? Would it be possible to measure gravity, or would the effects be negligible? Did your other experiment measure radio waves? Do any of these work?

Darin

WSiaB

Oct 17, 2012, 1:09:44 PM10/17/12
to viking-sp...@googlegroups.com
Living payload would be fine, but requires a detailed list of what data you are hoping to collect and what uses it may have.  You will need to design monitoring for the payload as well (video, etc).  We will be measuring barometric pressure, but keep in mind that it is about 1% of the pressure at sea level.  Too little change in gravity to measure without a large payload (although we are using inertial sensors).  None of these measure radio waves if you want to design an experiment for this (note this will require something like a drag antenna to move your sensor area away from our interference).