Radiation Sensor Experiment

Kevin Knifsend

Oct 7, 2012, 2:38:08 AM10/7/12
to viking-sp...@googlegroups.com
For the Cosmic radiation sensing experiment:
We decided the equipment necessary to record cosmic radiation seemed far too bulk for our payload.
If I remember right we settled on a generic radiation sensor, geiger counter like sensor.

For this I think we should just need a radiation sensor board for arduino, and an arduino to interpret/record the data.

The problem here seems to be that the sensor is pretty expensive..

Anyway, post your ideas and finds which pertain to the experiment here!

WSiaB

Oct 12, 2012, 1:13:47 AM10/12/12
I have ordered this kit for your experiment, so familarize yourselfs with it:
http://r.ebay.com/OlpN0e (similar to https://sites.google.com/site/diygeigercounter/home ).  I ordered an extra tube (http://r.ebay.com/eT1cua) as well.