Great Airport Bad Gate/Jetway

James Engelke

May 5, 2021, 9:24:40 AM5/5/21
to Viewpoint Technologies Product Support
Hello!  Love the airport in MSFS.

Just landed in the rain with my GOJ CRJ-550 from KIAD and taxied up to 'Gate 31' as I was told by Ground.

a) there is no Gate 31 (I think it meant 13 which also doesn't exist but that's where my marshaler was waiting anyway - somewhere on that side of the terminal around 12-15); and

b) the jetway for this mysterious gate was placed across the nose area of the parking spot so you had to go through it to get to the right spot to chock.

Letting you know for your upcoming 2.1 update.  Nicely done.

Ryan C.

May 5, 2021, 2:39:24 PM5/5/21
to Viewpoint Technologies Product Support

Hi James,

Unfortunately both those issues are things that are on Microsoft's end, and we are hoping that in one of the coming updates to FS2020 they can fix that. As it stands for us, to fix both those issues would require the entire airport to be redrawn, as there is currently no way to edit an airport in FS2020. Unfortunately, redrawing the airports taxiways and ground lines would take a few months with the current tools available. We are looking into a quick solution for the gates going across the parking lines, and it is certainly something that will be addressed in v2.1. We don't yet have a schedule for 2.1, but I think it will be after the P3D v5 update for MHT.

- Ryan C.