Plotting geo data

Sérgio Nunes

May 22, 2008, 7:16:10 AM5/22/08
to view.theinfo
Hi,

I'm searching for advice on tools to make simple projections of geo
data.
I have a file of triplets (time, lat, long) and would like to show
this as an animated sequence.
Something like: http://labs.google.com/papers/sawzall-20030814.gif

Which tools do you think are particularly well suited for this task?
A Perl or Python library would be ideal.

Thanks in advance,
--
Sérgio Nunes

Lukasz Szybalski

May 24, 2008, 2:02:42 AM5/24/08
to view-t...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 6:16 AM, Sérgio Nunes <sergio...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm searching for advice on tools to make simple projections of geo
> data.
> I have a file of triplets (time, lat, long) and would like to show
> this as an animated sequence.
> Something like: http://labs.google.com/papers/sawzall-20030814.gif
>
> Which tools do you think are particularly well suited for this task?

I know you could use R to plot things on world map.
(you could try rpy aka python bindings for R to code it in python if
you need to.)
http://www.image.ucar.edu/GSP/Software/Fields/Help/world.html

or
http://www.pyngl.ucar.edu/index.shtml

I don't know about animating things do. You would have to research that.
Lucas

--
Automotive Recall Database. Cars, Trucks, etc.
http://www.lucasmanual.com/recall/