Pilgrim spends 6 years traversing Vietnam on foot - VnExpress International

Carl Robinson

May 22, 2024, 7:13:10 PMMay 22
to Vietnam Old Hacks
Welcome back to Vietnam, folks.  And, yes, I kept my seatbelt on coming into monsoon time zone.

 Vietnam is a abuzz about this wandering monk who is really a former monk and authorities and the officially recognised Buddhist Church has disowned him as he gathers huge crowds wherever he goes but doesn't say anything, just moving along barefooted with his discarded rice cooker bowl and not really begging for anything. Says a lot about today's Vietnam and a desperation for meaning and substance in their lives.

Carl

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/pilgrim-spends-6-years-traversing-vietnam-on-foot-4747732.html