Sad news

Donald Kirk

Apr 22, 2024, 12:22:17 AMApr 22
to Vietnam Old Hacks

don kirk

Apr 22, 2024, 2:30:50 AMApr 22
to Vietnam Old Hacks
Terry was never a journalist in Vietnam but served there in the marines. I knew him in Tokyo and Korea, where he covered the 1980 Kwangju revolt. He was active in the Vietnam Children's Fund, per this AP story:

Carl Robinson

Apr 22, 2024, 2:50:33 AMApr 22
to vietnam-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for posting this, Don.  I only knew Terry Anderson during those two years on AP's World Desk in NY before they sent me to Australia.  (Strange how we never talked about Vietnam.)   But he was at the '95 Saigon Reunion where we kinda' adopted him into the gang.  That captivity must've wrecked him for life and always felt very sorry for him.   Sad to hear he's gone while still younger than many of us here.

Carl

Derek Williams

Apr 22, 2024, 8:41:23 PMApr 22
to vietnam-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for posting. I met Terry in Beirut and Kwangju wehere Bruce Dunning and I sheltered in the same hotel as Terry & Robin Moyer when the Korean Special Forces came across the rooftops