Old young hack seeking Laos help

Helen Clark

Apr 4, 2024, 6:08:43 AMApr 4
to vietnam-...@googlegroups.com
Hi hacks young and old,

I'm looking to see if anyone in here is up to date on Laos as I'm working on something to do with forestry for my current job but obviously the place is hard to report on from a distance, and a lot of my older contacts have expired.

Anything is welcome and I hope all are wel!

Helen

Jack van Ommen

Apr 5, 2024, 3:30:00 AMApr 5
to vietnam-...@googlegroups.com

JACK VAN OMMEN
S/V "FLEETWOOD"
"Around the World at 80 Years"
Home Port: Gig Harbor, Wa.  Call Sign : WDI-8975
Follow the adventure with regular blog posts at www.cometosea.us
cell phone USA 253-441-7204
 Nederland mobiel 031-649 676 419
Dear Helen,

VOH member and RFA contact Dan Southerland might have suggestions.

My personal experience is that when I visted Laos in January 2010 that I saw all these dying Teak plantations, but then found out that Teak is not a tropical evergreen and sheds its huge leaves just like our temperate decidious trees.

Jack

Apr 6, 2024, 3:33:43 PMApr 6
to Vietnam Old Hacks
Helen,

I have friend who has been living in Laos for the past few years. As I understand it, he is doing water projects in villages. He does this on his own with no official or organizational connections. His name is Gregg Stradiotto. I haven't got an email address for him, but you can contact him through FaceBook.

Cheers, JG