Vietnam tilts away from West to China.

Skip to the first unread message

Carl Robinson

10 May 2024, 02:44:1910 May
to Vietnam Old Hacks
I'm not sure if Bill Hayten, one-time BBC correspondent who later got banned from Vietnam, is still with us at Vietnam Old Hacks after calling me a "sock puppet for Vladimir Putin" (ha ha) last year, but here's his latest take on political developments in Vietnam.   I don't necessarily disagree but then I always thought Biden & Co were always overly optimistic - and just naif -- thinking they'd get Vietnam on the anti-China Bandwagon.  (They've got their own perennial issues without any outside "help", thank you.)

What Vietnam really needs right now is strong and focused leadership to just finish what they started or endlessly announcing what they'll gonna do without all the money disappearing along the way.  And who does that better in today's world?

Carl

https://www.chathamhouse.org/2024/05/vietnams-political-turmoil-reveals-turn-towards-china-and-away-west?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2EPghajwW7_9hnT0SAXB2XjCjR_HlIueU5RXwBfhTF27eoteKekZzH8AQ_aem_AZUVu73Ubfoc8HMLhToyvNI1oLmVr6fGgSEKWTYSQGtwcdyzabJNVTTSShc13YWj3FIgDKzRuyX8a0cKdTrps_9n

Bill Hayton

10 May 2024, 03:18:2010 May
to Vietnam Old Hacks
Jeezus Carl - "strong and focused leadership”! You’re really getting into this fascist groove thang...

Here’s your strong and focused leader (To Lam) eating a $2,000 gold covered steak in a London restaurant 18 months ago. The idea that he’s going to tackle corruption is just laughable.

Carl Robinson

10 May 2024, 05:23:5910 May
to Vietnam Old Hacks
Oh, so you're still on VOH and your usual insulting best, Bill Hayten.  Now, I'm a Fascist.

I should've added a strong & focused leadership that has popular support. But that would then be Populist and right up there with Fascism, eh?

Really, Bill, you are really not a very nice guy and should really take a good hard look at your on-line attitude towards me.  Maybe you're just being playing the Pom and just "winding me up" but you just end up looking like a fool.  Water off my back.

And at least I've brought some wider attention to your article and expect a bit more than such an insult.

Carl