VIE Autocomplete for Stanbol Solr Search

Rafa Haro

Sep 11, 2012, 11:56:56 AM9/11/12
to vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I was wondering if is possible to use VIE autocomplete widget to retrieve fields from Stanbol's ContentHub Solr indexes. I suppose that now, Autocomplete is using VIE.find methods to search entities in the EntityHub. Is that correct??

Thanks. Regards

Szaby Grünwald

Sep 12, 2012, 5:47:40 AM9/12/12
to vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rafa,

I was wondering if is possible to use VIE autocomplete widget to retrieve fields from Stanbol's ContentHub Solr indexes.

I don't know how ContentHub works. Does it store its resources in an EntityHub or it has its own SOLR index? If the data ends up in EntityHub, you can use the VIE Autocomplete widget just the way it is. If not, it would be a logical extension to support ContentHub as well.

I suppose that now, Autocomplete is using VIE.find methods to search entities in the EntityHub. Is that correct??

Yes, that's correct.

Cheers,
Szaby

VIE.js @ Google Groups

web: http://viejs.org
list: vi...@googlegroups.com

More information can be found at
http://groups.google.com/group/viejs?hl=de?hl=de

Rafa Haro

Sep 12, 2012, 9:18:19 AM9/12/12
to vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Szaby,

Thanks for your reply.

El 12/09/12 11:47, Szaby Grünwald escribió:
Hi Rafa,

I was wondering if is possible to use VIE autocomplete widget to retrieve fields from Stanbol's ContentHub Solr indexes.

I don't know how ContentHub works. Does it store its resources in an EntityHub or it has its own SOLR index? If the data ends up in EntityHub, you can use the VIE Autocomplete widget just the way it is. If not, it would be a logical extension to support ContentHub as well.
It stores text along with its enhancements from the enhancer component. I'm interested in performing autocomplete search over the enhancementes (for example, detected entities), that actually are stored as regular fields in Solr. The problem is that Stanbol's Solr instance is difficult to configure for performing Autocomplete.

Thanks anyway

Cheers

On 11 September 2012 17:56, Rafa Haro <rh...@zaizi.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I was wondering if is possible to use VIE autocomplete widget to retrieve fields from Stanbol's ContentHub Solr indexes. I suppose that now, Autocomplete is using VIE.find methods to search entities in the EntityHub. Is that correct??

Thanks. Regards
VIE.js @ Google Groups

web: http://viejs.org
list: vi...@googlegroups.com

More information can be found at
http://groups.google.com/group/viejs?hl=de?hl=de

VIE.js @ Google Groups

web: http://viejs.org
list: vi...@googlegroups.com

More information can be found at
http://groups.google.com/group/viejs?hl=de?hl=de

This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and destroy it immediately. Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard copy by an authorised signatory.

Zaizi Ltd is registered in England and Wales with the registration number 6440931. The Registered Office is 222 Westbourne Studios, 242 Acklam Road, London W10 5JJ, UK.