Stanbol-related widgets

Szaby Grünwald

Apr 18, 2013, 5:59:45 AM4/18/13
to vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi VIE-fans!

In the last days I went through some Apache Stanbol related widgets I made in the past and saw some anomalies. For a reference of those interested using them, here's a list of them:

[1] uses [2] and [3] and is the component in create.js that does the semi-automatic annotation. [4] is a demoing tool to show annotation on any online content live using a bookmarklet. [5] is a component of Stanbol to visualize enhancements coming from different enhancement chains. Try for example dbpedia-proper-noun for some nice results. In the github repositories there's always a demo link under the description.

I plan to fix some major UX anomalies like
1) VIE Autocomplete ([2]), if you type 'Paris', there are many results but not Paris itself. 2) Or in Annotate.js ([1]) if something goes wrong, you get as many error messages as you have paragraphs that failed.

I also plan to upgrade to jQuery UI 1.10

Impressions, ideas or even help in implementation most appriciated!

Regards,
Szaby

Szaby Grünwald

Apr 30, 2013, 7:57:51 AM4/30/13
to vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

If you're interested in some improvements in this topic, try out http://dev.iks-project.eu:8081/enhancervie where you can see annotate.js in action.
Interesting features:
- Any HTML content can be annotated, the worst case is it fails and you won't see any change.
- You can have enhancement turned on while typing. It won't touch the paragraph you're editing, only when you leave that paragraph.
- You can select the enhancement chain with a dropdown. This is of course configurable as well. So if you'd have a more specific vocabulary than let's say DBPedia, you can configure that as well.
- In case the automatic suggestions don't fit, you can use autocompletion with preview of the entities. There are not so many entity types configured yet, so it can happen that you won't see useful information for let's say skos:Concepts.

Funny coincidence(?), Henri just wrote a blog post about this topic: http://bergie.iki.fi/blog/automated-linking/

cheers,
Szaby