Broken examples and open issues

Andreas Kuckartz

Sep 15, 2012, 4:02:02 AM9/15/12
to vi...@googlegroups.com
Two things I noticed regarding VIE:

1. Most of the examples on the website are broken. I have created items
for them in the issue tracker. Broken examples generally make it quite
difficult for those who try to learn something about the topic
illustrated by the examples.

2. There are some old issues which perhaps can or should be closed. I
have seen at least one open item where a fix had already been applied.

Cheers,
Andreas

Henri Bergius

Sep 18, 2012, 4:05:25 AM9/18/12
to vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Andreas Kuckartz <A.Kuc...@ping.de> wrote:
> 1. Most of the examples on the website are broken. I have created items
> for them in the issue tracker. Broken examples generally make it quite
> difficult for those who try to learn something about the topic
> illustrated by the examples.

Yep, unfortunately there have been changes to some of the web services
that we use (like DBpedia) that have broken the examples.

The fixes for these are already in VIE, and are just pending for the release.

> 2. There are some old issues which perhaps can or should be closed. I
> have seen at least one open item where a fix had already been applied.

Thanks for commenting to the issues! Sometimes we forget to close the
tickets ;-)

> Andreas

/Henri

--