API Documentation

Rafa Haro

Sep 20, 2012, 3:15:04 AM9/20/12
to vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have been looking for a complete API reference of VIE, but I haven't be able to find it. Is there a list of described methods anywhere?

Thanks. All the best

Massimo Romanelli

Sep 20, 2012, 3:26:46 AM9/20/12
to vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rafo

do you mean this?

It is far to be complete but the most of the functionality is described here.

best
Massimo

 P.S:

move your mouse to the right upper corner onto "jump to" and you will get access to docs for the other methods...

VIE.js @ Google Groups

web: http://viejs.org
list: vi...@googlegroups.com

More information can be found at
http://groups.google.com/group/viejs?hl=de?hl=de

Massimo Romanelli (Senior Consultant)
German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence -- DFKI GmbH
Campus D3 2 Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3 D-66123 Saarbruecken Germany

Intelligent User Interfaces -- http://www.dfki.de/web/research/iui
Legal Note
Firmensitz: Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663
Kaiserslautern Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster(Vorsitzender), Dr. Walter Olthoff
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313

Rafa Haro

Sep 20, 2012, 3:34:51 AM9/20/12
to vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Massimo,

No, I already see that page. I mean documentation about the API. At the moment, I have been only able to find examples and high level documentation, but I don't know for example how to use find vie.find(9 method with DBPedia Service (wheter I have to use labels to find, what is the format of the results, etc). Same for example for VIE.Util 'package'. I always can inspect the code, but I was wondering if there is any comprehensible documentation, at least, like Autocomplete widget.

Regards

Massimo Romanelli

Sep 20, 2012, 4:15:37 AM9/20/12
to vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rafo,

I see. Here and there we need more doc indeed.

Concerning the "find" method, it is not implemented for the dbpedia service so that you would need to use its with the stanbol first and than get the needed in off with the dbpedia service such as

vie.find({
        //find database entries (with stanbol)}).using("stanbol").execute().done(function(ent) {
        //set a counter to the number of found entries
        window.dbpedialoadercounter = ent.length;
        _.each(ent, function(e) {
            //for each found database entry, load more information (with dbpedia)
            vie.load({
                entity : e
            }).using("dbpedia").execute()

or similar.

For the Image widget there is a tutorial

and for auto tagger widget too.

You can find also some guidelines at our blogs e.g.

or

but … yes, you are right, we need more.

best
Massimo

Rafa Haro

Sep 20, 2012, 4:33:07 AM9/20/12
to vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Massimo,

Ok, thanks. what you can use to find an entity on EntityHub? With load method you need the URI, I suppose that rdfs:label is what you need in find() method.....is that correct??

Thanks