How does one get started?

BostonBowTie

May 9, 2021, 4:11:54 PM5/9/21
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
All the help pages, etc. seem to assume you already know the basics.  I don't.  I did an install, and I'm utterly baffled.  There's no "paste a URL here" no "click here" no nuthin.  Humans are not born from the womb knowing how to use DownladHelper -- there has to be a first steps help page!

jcv...@gmail.com

May 10, 2021, 1:30:31 AM5/10/21
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
hi,
this documentation is a bit outdated but main principles are still the same: https://www.downloadhelper.net/howto#how-to-verify-video-downloadhelper-is-working
jerome

Wild Willy

May 10, 2021, 2:57:00 AM5/10/21
to Video Download Helper Google Group

Quite right. The absence of a proper user's manual is rather a glaring oversight. I hope to
correct that here. I am using as an example the video you can find at the following URL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKCJUrqcYZ8

In the attached series of images I show how to download this video using VDH. Since there is a
limit imposed by Google Groups that a single post cannot exceed 8M, I've split the explanation into
2 parts.
#01.jpg
#02.jpg
#03.jpg
#04.jpg
#05.jpg
#06.jpg
#07.jpg
#08.jpg
#09.jpg

Wild Willy

May 10, 2021, 3:00:45 AM5/10/21
to Video Download Helper Google Group

Here's the rest of the story.
#10.jpg
#19.jpg
#20.jpg
#21.jpg
#22.jpg
#23.jpg
#11.jpg
#12.jpg
#13.jpg
#14.jpg
#15.jpg
#16.jpg
#17.jpg
#18.jpg

Wild Willy

May 10, 2021, 3:15:34 AM5/10/21
to Video Download Helper Google Group
Jerome, you have my permission to replace the outdated explanation with the images I've provided
here. I actually thought about doing this a while ago but wasn't sufficiently inspired until this
user posted this question.

jcv...@gmail.com

May 11, 2021, 1:37:04 AM5/11/21
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
thanks a lot Willy !
I take note !!
jerome

Wild Willy

Sep 1, 2023, 5:50:10 PM9/1/23
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
I just noticed (a mere 2 years later, I'm so observant) that the images starting with #10 are not in numerical order.  In order to follow the tutorial properly, you need to view the images in numerical order.  I did not post these images in that order.  Google scrambled them for me.  Thank you not at all.