Some videos not downloading fully.

Just Some1

Jan 30, 2023, 10:57:52 PM1/30/23
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Some of the videos I download come out incomplete, however, they are still on the site. Even though the videos are lets say over an hour and 30 they sometimes stop randomly. When I retry, it either stops at a different time, or completes. Is there anyway to pick them where they left off, and keep downloading them if the files are actually incomplete? The original file, before I download them show the correct size.

Just Some1

Jan 30, 2023, 10:59:19 PM1/30/23
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
** I should say, even through it stops at lets say 36 minutes, it still says complete and writes the file and they are viewable up to 36 minutes, just not lets say the whole hour and a half.

Wild Willy

Jan 30, 2023, 11:16:52 PM1/30/23
to Video Download Helper Google Group
There are many reasons why downloads can terminate prematurely.  When I had an old, slow connection, it was a problem I had pretty much on all my downloads.  VDH does not have a way to resume an interrupted download from the point of failure.  There's nothing you can do but try to download the video again from the start.

You could provide a URL & let somebody else see if their results are any better than yours.

Just Some1

Jan 30, 2023, 11:24:04 PM1/30/23
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
I have a 1GB connection, so that isn't the problem. It is possible to start a download from a certain point instead of a full redownload?

Wild Willy

Jan 30, 2023, 11:32:15 PM1/30/23
to Video Download Helper Google Group
Not with VDH.