How to use Video DownloadHelper without to install the app?

Olga

May 11, 2022, 11:04:23 AM (13 days ago) May 11
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
How to use Video DownloadHelper without to install the app?

Wild Willy

May 11, 2022, 3:58:44 PM (13 days ago) May 11
to Video Download Helper Google Group
Do you mean without installing the CoApp? If that's what you are trying to ask, it's
quite likely you won't be able to use VDH much. The CoApp is necessary because of the
way certain web sites present their multimedia content. And when I say "certain web
sites" I mean that today, nearly all web sites would require the CoApp. The CoApp is
unnecessary only when the content is a simple file, like an MP4. For any sort of
streaming content, like HLS or what YouTube offers, you need the CoApp. But why do you
want to avoid using the CoApp? Practically everybody uses it. If you're having trouble
installing it, take a look over here:

https://groups.google.com/g/video-downloadhelper-q-and-a/c/BzPLK2YyL-s

Scan through the topics covered there. You'll likely find many useful in any case.
Several offer references to threads where installation issues are discussed. Please post
again with your answer to my questoin, as well as with any other things you would like to
discuss, like how you get on with installing the CoApp. I encourage you to install the
CoApp because it's pretty much required everywhere nowadays.

McBobby

May 13, 2022, 2:28:37 AM (12 days ago) May 13
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
The CoApp is safe, small, uses very little resources, and actually downloads faster than many browsers' own download managers. Frankly, I don't understand people's reluctance to install it. It's guaranteed virus and malware-free

Rick21162

May 13, 2022, 2:39:03 AM (12 days ago) May 13
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
What/where is the CoApp? I've installed the addon, but it is not recognizing/seeing the video.
Thanks in advance.

Wild Willy

May 13, 2022, 8:35:28 AM (11 days ago) May 13
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Rick, you'll want to click the link I posted above.  Do a string search on "various pieces" in that thread.  That will give you another link you should click.  There's a complete explanation, including screenshots, of how to find the CoApp & several other things.

The CoApp gets around a security restriction that Mozilla imposed on Firefox extensions beginning with version . . . I think it was 57.  We're up to Firefox 100.0 now so it's been rather a long time.  Like I said earlier, you pretty much can't do anything useful with VDH without the CoApp.  I completely agree with what McBobby said above.