Downloads no longer showing up in Ctrl+J downloads?

DW

Feb 15, 2024, 2:36:51 AMFeb 15
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Hi,

since the most recent update on Feb 12th the downloads are no longer showing up in the browser / showing a history of downloads. The files are still going directly to the allocated folder however just not trackable via the normal pathways in the previous versions.

Also i seem to be unable to rename files via 'download'.

Will these issues be fixed in the upcoming versions or is this how things will be going forward?

Cheers.

jcv...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2024, 4:14:31 AMFeb 15
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Hi,
Can you share your versions and a video URL with this renaming issue? I guess you use "Download" and not "Quick download" as default action.
jerome

DW

Feb 15, 2024, 4:30:26 AMFeb 15
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Hi,

here is the version:

Video DownloadHelper
Version 8.2.0.23 (stable)
Browser locale: en-GB
Production build
Built on 2024-02-14
Build options: browser=chrome, linuxlic=false, noyt=true, target=google

I generally left click on the app button on the toolbar and then click into the options to rename whatever i'm trying to download (via download and not quick download). This would then in turn pop up the chrome download in a separate window where i could choose file type / name. I'm now forced into the companion app, where I change the file name, click save and then once the download is complete the download is as if i never tried to change it.

Downloading doesn't seem to interact with chrome anymore as I can't see my downloads / progress in chromes download framework (ctrl+j)

I don't have anything to record a video unfortunately.

mjs

Feb 15, 2024, 5:20:15 AMFeb 15
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Have you checked what your downloading is a simple mp4 file and not a chunked stream. You'll only get a browser download with complete
mp4 files. Otherwise it is automatically done with companion app for chunked streams.

DW

Feb 15, 2024, 5:28:25 AMFeb 15
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Yeah it's stopping me from renaming mp4 files and not tracking them when download complete. It's quite odd.

mjs

Feb 15, 2024, 6:10:14 AMFeb 15
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
I did a download from rumble.com using version: 8.2.0.23 in ungoogled chromium & companion app 2.0.14
It was an mp4 file, not a chucked stream and no prompt to use browser. It downloaded using companion app.
So I've replicated it. There is a download selection, not quick download which gives a dialog to choose name but
this is still the companion app.

DW

Feb 15, 2024, 7:17:04 AMFeb 15
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
mmmm ok, In the previous version it just popped up as a chrome download and i'd pick the name / folder i was going to download into.