Vimeo OTT not detecting video vhx.tv

F L Adama

Aug 2, 2022, 11:41:11 PM (10 days ago) Aug 2
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A

Wild Willy

Aug 3, 2022, 12:40:51 AM (10 days ago) Aug 3
to Video Download Helper Google Group
Clicking that link gave me the error message, "Sorry, you are not authorized to watch
this video." But I looked closely at that URL & decided there was a better URL embedded
within it:

https://www.wowpresentsplus.com/unhhhh/season:7&is_trailer=false&live=0&locale=en&playsinline=1&product_id=18721

Clicking that took me to a site where I was presented with a page of links to 12 episodes
of some TV series. I clicked the first one. It turns out you need a subscription to
look at anything on that site. That means that the things I was going to try are now up
to you to try. No, don't offer me your login credentials. I won't accept them, &
neither will the VDH folks. So here's what you'll have to do. Start by clicking here:

https://groups.google.com/g/video-downloadhelper-q-and-a/c/BzPLK2YyL-s

You'll want to bookmark that for easy reference. I recommend you read that entire
thread, if not now, eventually. There's 2 thoughts I had. You could just read through
that other thread & come across the references as you read. Or you can skip directly to
the references I have in mind by doing string searches in there.

The first string search is for "drm" within that thread. There are multiple occurrences
of that string within the thread so don't stop on the first one. Click the link you'll
find & read about how to figure out whether content is protected by DRM. If this content
is protected by DRM, then VDH will not download it for legal reasons. There's more on
this in the reference I'm giving you.

The second string search is for "cannot download" within that thread. That will take you
to a reference that contains a link to a tutorial on how to use ffmpeg to get the
content. Maybe that will work, maybe it won't. You won't know unless you try it.

Do post again telling us how you get on with this. You do that via the Reply all button.
DO NOT USE the Reply to author button. The way to add a post to a thread is the Reply
all button.

F L Adama

Aug 3, 2022, 1:10:44 PM (9 days ago) Aug 3
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Thanks for your response.

I'll just cap it with OBS.

Take care.