Re: Download from Instagram

Message has been deleted

Wild Willy

Jun 11, 2022, 5:02:12 AMJun 11
to Video Download Helper Google Group
I can't help you with Instagram. I'm not a member of the site & I don't think I've even
looked at anything on the site more than a dozen times ever. I don't know how it works &
I don't care to learn. I have no idea what metrics it collects. Maybe somebody else can
answer that. As far as I know, VDH does not inform any site it downloads from of
anything about you beyond whatever the browser communicates to the site in the way of
user agent & the usual sorts of things that have to be communicated in order for your
browser to display content from the site. If you logged onto Instagram before you
downloaded anything from there via VDH, it was the logon that identified you first. VDH
did whatever it did later. I would suspect, subject to confirmation or denial from
somebody who knows a lot more about Instagram than I do, that the user blocked you
because Instagram somehow tracked you when you looked at that user's content & that user
noticed it. Downloading with VDH did not contribute further to that user knowing about
you. I should think that if you were logged onto Instagram & looked at that user's page,
that's all it took for that user to know you were there. VDH did not add any new
information that user could act upon. But that's just my guess. Somebody with greater
knowledge would have to step in here & say whether none, some, or all of what I have said
is pure trash.

But I can address your issue of not being able to use the extension well. Have a look
over here:

https://groups.google.com/g/video-downloadhelper-q-and-a/c/BzPLK2YyL-s

That is the closest we have to a proper user manual. The first thing you'll find in
there is a reference to a tutorial on how to use VDH. But you could do well to read the
Message has been deleted

jcv...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2022, 1:16:24 AMJun 14
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
I don't know any service that could betray you for a simple download.
jerome

On Monday, 13 June 2022 at 22:37:13 UTC+2 Booba wrote:
Some developer who knows a little more and can answer me with certainty.
Thank you
Message has been deleted

Wild Willy

Jun 17, 2022, 11:56:44 PM (11 days ago) Jun 17
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
It's not very sporting of you to delete your earlier posts.  The whole idea behind this forum is that people ask questions & get answers.  Then others come along later & they discover that the question they want to ask is actually already answered.  All they need to do is search this forum a few times using search keys that are some well thought out variants of their chosen topic.  Up pops something, usually many things, that are relevant.  So something posted 2 years ago turns out to be relevant to somebody today.  By removing your posts, you've defeated the purpose of this forum.  Answered questions are not & should not be deleted.  This thread will not & should not be deleted.

Klause

Jun 19, 2022, 11:49:23 AM (10 days ago) Jun 19
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
I understand, I'm not an expert of GG topics, I thought that being my doubt it could be closed. Give me a chance to fix it. Tell me how

Klause

Jun 19, 2022, 12:09:52 PM (10 days ago) Jun 19
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Initial question regarding the tracking of downloads by Instagram and its users
Solved 😅

Wild Willy

Jun 19, 2022, 4:01:54 PM (10 days ago) Jun 19
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
I think anybody coming in here now will be able to figure out what the issue was from the posts that are still here.  There is no repair you need to make.