Linux 21.3 & VDH not working

Cliff Spier

Jan 15, 2024, 2:22:08 PMJan 15
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
I upgraded to Linux Mint 21.3 yesterday and VHD does not work, it says to download lastest CompanionApp because mine is really old.  I do that and it says it is already installed - I reinstall it anyway. No luck.

I tried the Trouble Shooting tip wrt Flatpak and other than the second line had to be done  with sudo that did not work either.

I have uninstalled VHD on Firefox, rebooted, and reinstalled to no avail.

version: 8.1.4.0
beta: false
build date: 2024-01-04
build options: linuxlic: false, noyt: false, browser: firefox
lang: en-US
license: unneeded
platform: x86-64 linux
UA: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:121.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/121.0
coapp: no.

Any suggestions to try?
Cliff

Cliff Spier

Jan 15, 2024, 2:44:00 PMJan 15
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
I also tried to download a video on my older Linux Mint laptop v20.x and when the new Companion App 2.0.10 downloaded I could not longer download videos for the same reason originally stated, even after using the Troubleshooting Tips.
Seems like 2.0.10 broke VDH
Cliff

mjs

Jan 16, 2024, 3:22:28 AMJan 16
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Did you run this in the terminal : /opt/vdhcoapp/vdhcoapp install

Robert Hyatt

Jan 16, 2024, 6:51:32 AMJan 16
to mjs, Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Thank you very much. I have tried a lot of the suggestions.

This is the one that worked...

Bob Hyatt

Did you run this in the terminal : /opt/vdhcoapp/vdhcoapp install

jcv...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2024, 9:10:07 AMJan 16
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
👍

Cliff Spier

Jan 16, 2024, 10:43:39 AMJan 16
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
That was the trick.  Thank you.

On Tuesday, January 16, 2024 at 7:10:07 AM UTC-7 jcv...@gmail.com wrote:
👍

Anon Ymous

Jan 27, 2024, 12:03:01 AMJan 27
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
For myself, running /opt/vdhcoapp/vdhcoapp install didnt work

However this did after downloading the .deb file to Downloads

~/Downloads$ sudo dpkg -i vdhcoapp-2.0.10-linux-x86_64

Robert Hyatt

Jan 31, 2024, 2:24:12 AMJan 31
to mjs, Video DownloadHelper Q&A
more...

About a week ago, the downloads stopped working. I said nothing. but I tried, anyway.

3 days later, the downloads worked, again. I did get an O S update for my Ubuntu Linux system. the day before.

Keep in mind I don't recycle my PC very often. A stable system means I can set up downloads of movies, etc overnight, and usually they complete. These downloads are via Transmission... The failures were always with VDh... and Rumble...

As I noted, working, today...

Jan 31, 2024, 4:32:43 AMJan 31
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
@ Robert,
There might have been a bug in Ubuntu or the Firefox snap app but they resolved it. Also if you submit your posts via email then
you don't need to address it to me. Before you post, remove other addresses. Use only the google group address for further responses.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted