How to download from Brightcove Player (stops shortly before end)

Downloadmaniac

Feb 4, 2023, 6:43:13 PM2/4/23
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Hi there,
I bought a course from platform that uses the Brightcove Player (Version
6.66.8). Downloading with the Browser (in Chrome) always stops shortly before the video download is complete. The other way (Begleitanwendung) doesn't work at all.
Which settings should I use in Video DownloadHelper?

Thank you!

Wild Willy

Feb 4, 2023, 8:24:20 PM2/4/23
to Video Download Helper Google Group
The Brightcove player is the one the Metropolitan Opera was using for their nightly free streams during their COVID shutdown.  Our experience was that you had to download the video track & the audio track separately.  Then you could play the 2 files using the synchronous playback feature of VLC.  As an alternative, you could use the merge tool of VDH to make a single file with both a video track & an audio track.

But the downloads usually completed successfully.  If you want better diagnostics of what's going wrong, you could try downloading the content with ffmpeg.

Doubtless, you have many questions.  Click this:

A measure of your determination to solve your problem will be your perseverance in finding useful information in that thread.  Since you are apparently dealing with a site that requires a paid user ID & password, you are pretty much on your own with this.