Trying to pay you again.

Brian L

May 21, 2021, 3:22:14 PM5/21/21
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Hello VDLH,
While I purchased a license long ago that I cannot find, and you are unable to help me with, I am attempting to purchase it again.
This time, it declines my card.
I've searched through your discussions and it appears that "declined card" and similarly worded searches keeps coming up in several situations for a long while, but I'm not seeing a solution.  Am I missing it?
I am attempting to pay with a Visa Debit Card from my bank account.
This card works with Adobe CC, Storyblocks, Pixelsquid, Amazon, Google Drive, and  everything else under the sun.(I haven't tried drug dealers or prostitutes yet but I am sure they will gladly take my digits)
For what its worth, I want to buy the Firefox license, but I tried buying the Chrome license just in case that was an issue, but that doesn't work either.

While I like your product enough to come back even when you won't help me with my first purchase, I find it doubly frustrating that an issue you have that goes back over 2 years across different payment platforms is still ongoing.

You have a good product.  What is happening at the office that makes you want to fail?
I looked up "the 10 best video downloaders like VDLH" just before writing you, but my curiosity has the best of me.  I just have to know....
What gives with you guys?
Do you also self-sabotage your personal relationships?
Are you making so much money that you don't care?   Sometimes that's all it takes.  It's called "too much money to give a fuck!"  It's closely related to "Pride comes before the fall".  Go back 2000 or so years and it's "Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall."

I would pay you to email me an answer.

Thanks again.    Your long time friend, Brian

Wild Willy

May 22, 2021, 12:18:10 AM5/22/21
to Video Download Helper Google Group
You call that a digit?

Sometimes, I repeat, SOMETIMES, the transaction is declined by your bank via some
automatic algorithm. This can be because you're making a purchase in a foreign country.
The VDH folks are in France, which makes it a foreign country for everybody who does not
live in France. Do you live outside of France? In any case, when such a thing occurs,
just call the phone number printed on the card. Tell the nice person who answers the
call that you just tried to make a transaction that is being rejected & that you want the
transaction approved. Lickety split it will be approved. At worst, you'll have to try
it again while you're on the phone with whoever it is so your transaction will show up
again & the rejection can be overridden. It's happened to me a couple of times over the
years & this approach has always worked for me. Maybe you'll manage to get similar
success.

Good luck. But make the prostitute wear a mask. Or show you her vaccination card.
Whichever . . . ahem . . . comes first.

jcv...@gmail.com

May 22, 2021, 3:18:56 AM5/22/21
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Hi,

after a conflict with Paypal and end of service with Google we chose to use only Stripe. We do not manage the payments, everything is managed by Stripe, so for payment problems I would suggest to ask your bank or Stripe.

jerome