Not working for Udemy

Balakrishna Kudikala

Jul 15, 2022, 5:24:32 PMJul 15
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Hi,

VDH is not working for udemy videos. Please let us know how can I download udemy videos?

Thanks
Bala

mjs

Jul 15, 2022, 8:30:32 PMJul 15
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
If you're seeing many small files then I don't think it is possible in vdh. Maybe youtube-dl might be able to if you know how to use it.
When it has been selected in command prompt execute the following command: -u email address -p password course link then press enter.
Your email and password is what you use when signing in to Udemy.

There are no guarantees that this will work but so far no one has tried to do it this way.
--
A vdh user

A Human

Jul 25, 2022, 6:56:54 AMJul 25
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Hi,
Could you please tell me 'How to use youtube-dl'?
Thanks.

mjs

Jul 25, 2022, 7:48:39 AMJul 25
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
I'm using it on Windows 10, I assume your also on Windows. Here are the steps:

• download youtube-dl
• requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (x86)   ( If you haven't got this then install it )
• download ffmpeg , it will also include ffprobe & ffplay. I got the .zip version & extract all.

Now make a folder called youtube-dl and put youtube-dl in it along with ffmpeg, ffprobe & ffplay. Place this folder in your desired directory.

With the folder open you'll see what looks like an address bar above it. Click in there and type cmd then press enter.
Then you have to select the youtube-dl exe by pressing tab until you see it. Give a space once it is selected then type this
-u email address -p password course link then press enter.

It should be the email and password you use in your browser to sign in Udemy.

mjs

Jul 25, 2022, 8:43:49 AMJul 25
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
I don't mean type course link but paste the course link of the video after the password. And just in case the course link doesn't work you
can try pasting the manifest url  of the video in there which is found in the developer tools / network in your browser.

A Human

Jul 25, 2022, 10:11:56 AMJul 25
to mjs, Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Great, Thank you.
Just a small feedback: It would be great if you record your screen and share the video.
Not only this, but anything which you suggest in this group. It will be easy to understand and follow.

On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 6:13 PM mjs <matt...@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't mean type course link but paste the course link of the video after the password. And just in case the course link doesn't work you
can try pasting the manifest url  of the video in there which is found in the developer tools / network in your browser.

mjs

Jul 25, 2022, 8:50:57 PMJul 25
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Was it easy to understand and follow what l posted and did you try downloading a video from Udemy. What are your results ?

mig

Aug 1, 2022, 10:09:18 AM (11 days ago) Aug 1
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Dear Balakrishna Kudikala,
You initiated a dispute through Stripe that will potentially cost us, so every VDH user, a lot of money. I strongly suggest you withdraw this dispute.