problems with 9now.com.au

betax

Jun 22, 2020, 10:01:39 AM6/22/20
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A

I'm trying to download from 9now.com.au, but I can't get the audio, only the video. Dash parameter is already "aggregate audio and video".
Any suggestions?

jc vdh

Jun 23, 2020, 2:12:38 AM6/23/20
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Hi,

here are the possibilities :

  • the sound is in the video :
    • but the player does not know the format. We recommend using VLC which generally read almost every known formats. https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
    • you may try to reencode the video to another format
  • the sound is not in the video :
    • try to find other streams in the proposed list to find one with sound + audio
    • sometimes there is no complete media, but sound and video tracks are available in different media of the list : download the 2 media separately and use a tool to merge them :
    • sometimes there is no solution.
Hope this helps.

jerome

betax

Jun 23, 2020, 8:36:09 AM6/23/20
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Hi, thank you for your suggestions. I've downloaded the file audio and then I've merged audio and video. Now it works.

jc vdh

Jun 24, 2020, 2:13:23 AM6/24/20
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
great !
jerome

congam...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2020, 5:42:42 AM10/20/20
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A

Unfortunately none of these methods worked for me as I was already using VLC.

I was trying to dl this video, Tom Woods, "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy3tP-BW5do" and only got the video, no audio. Other non mp4 formats just did not work at all.

I tried downloading a different YT video, (a short song) which did not work as mp4, but worked as "WEBM Video format" using 'Video Download helper' firefox ad on.

I tried downloading the original youtube video again, Tom Woods, from a basic online site "https://y2mate.guru/en8/" and the original video worked fine as mp4.

So not sure what's going on there. It seems to work with some videos, but not others. Maybe it was the format it was uploaded to in youtube?
On Wednesday, June 24, 2020 at 4:13:23 PM UTC+10 jcv...@gmail.com wrote:
great !
jerome

jc vdh

Oct 21, 2020, 2:49:10 AM10/21/20
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
hi,

I tried this format and had no problem.

jerome

Karen L

Oct 11, 2021, 8:09:37 AM10/11/21
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Thank you Jerome!

John Kennedy

Oct 5, 2023, 1:06:06 PM10/5/23
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Same error, unfortunately!

I am using VCL to display the video.

Now the video downloads completely but without the image, only the audio and the image is stuck on the first frametravado.png
video.jpg
Video Downloader Professional

I downloaded another extension to test. There I can download the audio and video separately

extension is called: Video Downloader Professional

I downloaded the suggested \kdenlive and used the render option, but this process makes my life terrible. Before I used the extension that I bought the license for and it worked, and it was as if the video portal together with Vimeo made some update. But our extension here that I have the license with you, now only downloads audio.

mjs

Oct 6, 2023, 1:38:31 AM10/6/23
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
@John Kennedy, why did you post in this discussion. You should have created another new conversation as your issue is for Vimeo videos.
You also should have searched the forum for too fast video.