Cannot download videos in Facebook.

Terry Rudman

Feb 4, 2021, 6:56:38 AM2/4/21
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Am I doing something wrong ?

Please help ?

Thank you.

jcv...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2021, 1:20:39 AM2/5/21
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
sorry, doesn't work well with facebook.
jerome

BrianD

Feb 5, 2021, 11:07:22 AM2/5/21
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Try this. It just worked for me in Firefox.

Change the "www" in the video URL to m

VDH works for me. The "m" opens the video in Facebook mobile.

Timothy Holt

Feb 7, 2021, 9:59:49 AM2/7/21
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
I have tried the mobile site but it gives very poor quality compared to the desktop site. I tried it with a 480x846 video but the one from the mobile site is just 240x426.

mjs

Jun 29, 2022, 5:22:09 AM6/29/22
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
I would say the mobile method is easier and more convenient as the complete video downloads. But if you want a higher quality video then I figured out how to do that. Unfortunately in the standard Facebook interface the video and audio play separately, so you'll be downloading each as such.

Find a video on Facebook and open the developer tools by pressing F12 and click network. Start playing the video then filter the network by video.
You'll see urls for both the video and audio, then to download both you open the url in a new tab. Then you need to remove the part of the url at the end and press enter. I'll show a screenshot below, the part which isn't highlighted. When this is done you right click on the video or the audio and save video as or save audio as. Choose a name and directory then click save.

Play the files together in vlc media player or merge them using tool built into vdh.

Screenshot 2022-06-29 183330.png

jcv...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2022, 1:16:18 AM6/30/22
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A