Hot Keys (MacOS + FIrefox)

zstei001

Jun 17, 2021, 1:24:48 PM6/17/21
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A

I just started using VDH and love it. I'd like to use the keyboard shortcuts however the menu for setting them doesn't appear in my version of VDH.

I searched the forum and found a few old posts discussing the subject and all coming back to needing a Firefox bug to be fixed in order to re-implement the hot keys.

This is the bug I found linked:

Its page says it was closed three years ago. Is there any chance of getting hot keys re-enabled in VDH for Firefox?

Wild Willy

Jun 17, 2021, 10:44:53 PM6/17/21
to Video Download Helper Google Group

Granted I'm doing this on Windows, but . . .
#1.jpg
#2.jpg
#3.jpg

zstei001

Jun 21, 2021, 1:41:54 PM6/21/21
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Hey Wild Willy, thank you for making those screenshots! I guess those two options don't exist on the MacOS side. :( Oh well. It would certainly be nice to have a keyboard shortcut for it. From what I was able to glean from other posts I read through, the VDH extension for the MacOS version of Google Chrome does have the keyboard shortcut options, but I'm pretty locked in to Firefox and don't really want to put Chrome on my machine.

I tried searching for an extension that enables keyboard shortcuts to be linked to various menu items in Firefox but no luck there either.

Anyway, thanks again for your help!

zstei001

Jun 21, 2021, 4:44:57 PM6/21/21
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
UPDATE: Whoops! I found it. It was exactly like what your screenshots showed. I just goofed the first time I was looking on my computer. I don't know how I did that!

Anyway, thanks again for your help. I now have the functionality I was looking for!