No audio downloading

Maurizio Boer

Jul 17, 2021, 3:15:19 AM7/17/21
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Hello, I have a problem with downloading videos. Doesn't download audio. - Mac Mojave 10.14.6 - Google chrome web browser - CoApp 1.6.3 - lifetime license (I can't find the license number) Any video featured on the following site: https://www.eurosport.it/watch/ Thank you

jcv...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2021, 1:43:09 AM7/18/21
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
hi,

sorry it seams sound is sent in small parts, it means we don't find the aggregation info.
I add eurosport.it to the not working sites list, thanks for the feedback.

jerome

opionic tennis

Sep 11, 2021, 11:17:23 AM9/11/21
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
but other softwares can download the audio from eurosportplayer. I have videodownloadhelper premium too and this problem is so bad cuz i bought it for using on eurosportplayer.

jcv...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2021, 2:08:45 AM9/12/21
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
sorry, if your purchase is not too old we can refund it if you wish.
jerome

mjs

May 15, 2022, 3:35:21 AMMay 15
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
I revisited this post and the audio is there. They're just playing the video and audio separately and both can be downloaded.
The audio is underneath the video variants, it has no resolution just a time which matches the duration of the video.
There are ACC audio only files but disregard those.

Wild Willy

May 20, 2022, 7:54:55 PMMay 20
to Video Download Helper Google Group
Your comment caught my eye, mjs. So I tried looking at that site. It was telling me
something that, in my practically non-existent understanding of Italian but by analogy to
my good understanding of French, I was able to figure out that it was telling me that I
had to have a subscription to Eurosport & be in Italy to view the content. So I enabled
my VPN & told it to pretend I was in Switzerland, the closest it offered to Italy. Poof
magic, suddenly I could see things. I picked this item totally at random:

https://www.eurosport.it/ginnastica-artistica/ginnastica-artistica-jury-chechi-a-52-anni-da-ancora-spettacolo-alla-sbarra-il-suo-allenamento_vid1679284/video.shtml

It's only 23 seconds long, perfect for a test. VDH had no problem downloading the video.
The audio was a different story. When I first tried getting the obvious audio variant,
the one you pointed out, VDH errored out with its usual M2TS error message. So I did the
ususal, enabled HLS as M2TS in the VDH Settings. VDH was then quite happy to download
the audio. It claimed to be 23 seconds long. I played the video & audio synchronously
in VLC & it started fine. But then 5 seconds in, the audio stopped. I tried downloading
the audio several times, after reloading the extension & reloading the web page. But the
thing stopped after 5 seconds every time. I played the .m2ts file directly in VLC. You
do know you can play .m2ts files in VLC without doing any strange conversions. But
despite VLC claiming it was 23 seconds long, it stopped at 5 seconds. I don't know what
the deal is here.

I did the usual trick of looking for a manifest in the Network Monitor. There was what
appeared to be a master HLS manifest but ffprobe choked on it with 403 Forbidden (access
denied). Playing the video in the player on the web page gives the full 23 seconds of
audio to accompany the video.

I give up. This one has me stumped. At least I learned that I can get into Eurosport
Italia via VPN set to Switzerland.

mjs

May 20, 2022, 10:44:53 PMMay 20
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
I didn't think it was giving an error as I already had the M2TS setting enabled. The site does have some geo restrictions and some things I can
view like Tennis. No vpn used. The audio worked for me all the way,it didn't stop after 5 seconds.
The strange thing is that I look at the properties for the audio file but it doesn't show anything.

I'm not sure what is happening for you, try changing the user agent to something else.

Wild Willy

May 21, 2022, 2:11:51 AMMay 21
to Video Download Helper Google Group
I tried a tennis highlights thing that was 45 seconds. Once again, the video was fine
but the audio quit after 5 seconds. I'm not messing with this any further. Should the
highly unlikely situation arise in which I might want to record something from Eurosport
Italia, I'll record it with OBS.

As for the file properties, my guess is the operating system doesn't have built in
support for m2ts. So it can't display any information. For me on Windows 7, the m2ts
files I've gotten have had blank properties for both audio & video. But VLC can play the
files just fine so that's all that matters.

When it comes to geo blocking, it would not surprise me at all if the rules were
different for different foreign countries. The broadcasters in different countries might
have certain agreements & those differ depending on the countries involved. Maybe
Eurosport Italia has one arrangement with Oz & another (or none) with the US. But I'm
just guessing.