Doesn't work on Mubi, but does on Kanopy?

Rain Lewis

Oct 30, 2020, 2:56:38 AM10/30/20
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
I have a yearly subscription to Mubi.com, and while I dont mind streaming it direct, there are occasional films I would like to download and keep for later. Especially as they go offline after 30 days, and I cant always catch the "Last Chance" viewing times.
VDH says it can access the site, but gets a zillion small size hits, but any of them will give an error log msg.

However, I can use VDH to download from Kanopy.com. I realise Kanopy is a free service provided you are a member of your local community library, and the library provides Kanopy, but its content offerrings are similar to Mubi.

I use Chrome with the VDH extension (Premium), would it work for downloading from Mubi with a different browser?  Alternatively, is anyone aware of another Video downloader utlity that does work for Mubi?

Thanks

Darryl Perry

Aug 10, 2022, 8:09:09 PM8/10/22
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A

I would be interested to find out how you got Kanopy to allow you to download with VDH. When I try, it doesn't work. VDH says "No media to process on the current tab".