I need some help!

PT

Sep 19, 2022, 3:30:45 PM9/19/22
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Hello,
I downloaded Video Download today for firefox, but it won't let me download a thing.
I'm not a tech savvy, when I ask for details on the failed download I get meet with this.
Anyone can help out?

MP2T - No data received
moz-extension://3cf0c245-a5e9-436a-89c4-786a9ea7f25c/background/main.js:1 value@moz-extension://3cf0c245-a5e9-436a-89c4-786a9ea7f25c/background/main.js:1:153266
value@moz-extension://3cf0c245-a5e9-436a-89c4-786a9ea7f25c/background/main.js:1:142032
value@moz-extension://3cf0c245-a5e9-436a-89c4-786a9ea7f25c/background/main.js:1:78007
8086/value/t.endTimer<@moz-extension://3cf0c245-a5e9-436a-89c4-786a9ea7f25c/background/main.js:1:141174

Wild Willy

Sep 19, 2022, 4:17:06 PM9/19/22
to Video Download Helper Google Group
Welcome to the world of VDH. Let's start here:

https://groups.google.com/g/video-downloadhelper-q-and-a/c/BzPLK2YyL-s

This is the closest thing we have to a user manual. In reality, there is no user manual.
This forum is a virtual user manual. In order to bring a bit of order to the chaos, I
created that thread. You'll probably want to bookmark it so you can easily refer to it.
It is probably something you'll want to read over time. For now, let me give you some
text strings to search for in there.

First off, you will probably want to click the very first link you can find in there. It
points to a tutorial on how to use VDH. Since you're a new user, I suspect that will be
a great help. As you look for that link, you should read the first few paragraphs in
that thread above the link.

Now for some search strings. Do a text search (browser function F3 or Ctrl-f) for the
text "problem report" within that web page. That will reposition the page to 2
references with links. Click those & read up on what a proper problem report looks like.
What you have posted so far actually isn't much help. You need to post a proper problem
report before somebody can help you in any meaningful way.

You should also look for the text "stealth quote" in there. That gives you another link
to something you should read before you post here again.

You will probably consider buying a VDH license at some point. Look for the string
"philosophy" in there. That will give you another link to click. You'll find an
extensive discussion of the VDH license there. That should help you make an informed
decision about getting a VDH license.

I should also warn you that certain things on the VDH web site are worfully out of date.
Take whatever you read there with a grain of salt. More up to date information is
available here in this forum.

I look forward to hearing from you again.