was able to start downloading a video, messed with a setting/menu that i prooobably shouldn't have, and now i can't even interact with videos on that website anymore

Sailor

Sep 23, 2022, 1:30:41 AM9/23/22
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
i'm on chrome and windows 10. i was able to start downloading a video from schoolism but it got stuck as only a "part" file. i couldn't download anymore without a license so i decided why not buy a license for vdh since it actually seemed to be working.

i went to download the video again and it was stuck at 0% for a while but otherwise seemed fine, but i hated being unable to track it and didn't see another way to make it easy to see the progress of the download without actually clicking multiple times on a menu and kept forgetting how to get there since there were so many steps involved, but i saw in the menu when i clicked on the download "pin hit" and then "delete hit" after clicking on "pin hit".

well, pinning the "hit" didn't seem to do anything so i thought deleting it would just remove it being pinned, but.... the download disappeared altogether. i tried refreshing the page to download the video, unregistering/reregistering, refreshing the extension, removing and readding the extension but i just can't get ANY video from schoolism to redownload? what do?

jcv...@gmail.com

Sep 23, 2022, 1:51:01 AM9/23/22
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Hi,

Sorry, hard to tell, we only support public URLs, we do not have a schoolism account.
I can see on the forum a user said it wasn't working with schoolism, tell me if you need a refund.
jerome

mjs

Sep 23, 2022, 2:14:44 AM9/23/22
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
I found an intro video that worked , a simple mp4 download . Perhaps the actual course videos are different.

Wild Willy

Sep 23, 2022, 3:54:39 AM9/23/22
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
It sounds like there's a good chance this would come in handy:

Among the many things in there that might some day be useful to you, I recommend the very first link in there.  It will take you to a tutorial on how to use VDH.  It might turn "messing with a setting" into "changing a setting with a specific purpose in mind."

Wild Willy

Sep 23, 2022, 5:17:54 AM9/23/22
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Here's how you can fix up any settings you think you may have changed by mistake.

#01.jpg
#02.jpg
#03.jpg
#04.jpg

And then click the Save button.  You definitely need to do that after you change any setting.

And how do you get the CoApp?

#05.jpg