Companion application required? Not working after installation.

Al

May 16, 2022, 6:22:32 AMMay 16
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
I'm not very tech savvy. I'm using the VDH add on to Firefox. When i try to download certain videos i get the message "Companion application required" I click on the link, download it and install but frankly nothing happens. I restart and yet i continue to get the same message. Can anyone help?

Wild Willy

May 16, 2022, 8:11:59 AMMay 16
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Here is a sequence of screenshots showing what I would like you to do.

#01.jpg
#02.jpg
#03.jpg
#04.jpg

Please post a screenshot of what you get when you do the same thing as what I am showing in the above sequence.  Just the last one is all I'm asking for.  Post that & we can take it from there.