Support for Player/Video Type

User

Apr 27, 2022, 8:40:06 AMApr 27
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A

Wild Willy

Apr 27, 2022, 6:02:29 PMApr 27
to Video Download Helper Google Group
I used concepts explained via this thread:

https://groups.google.com/g/video-downloadhelper-q-and-a/c/BzPLK2YyL-s

Among the many useful links there, I used techniques described in the reference you can
find by doing a string search on "cannot download" in there. I discovered that your
bradleynelson web page offererd 2 DASH manifests. But ffprobe was unable to interpret
them. The errors I got were these:

> [tls @ 000000000056c600] Error in the pull function.
> [tls @ 000000000056c600] IO error: Error number -10054 occurred
> [dash @ 0000000000568640] Failed to open an initialization section
> [dash @ 0000000000568640] Error when loading first fragment of playlist
> https://video-node.swarmcdn.com/5ad29b15-1ef4-46bf-acf4-1ca79ae1efd2/60986afdd3895024e14832eabf5b87bcee14e58936b576626b544ddafae1a078.mpd?t=0.14097969967698643:
> Unknown error

To my uneducated eye these error messages imply that there is something non-standard
about the structure of the manifests. I looked inside the manifests but I don't
understand these things well enough to diagnose what's wrong. Given that ffprobe
couldn't deal with them, I would say it's unlikely VDH would be able to either. But
then, I don't work for VDH. Michel has said he is considering adding support for this
type of DASH manifest to VDH but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen any
time soon. Perhaps this site could be a test case. I trust Michel to be much more
skilled at these things than I am. It is entirely possible that the apparent deviation
from the standard is intentional for the purpose of thwarting downloaders. It's also
possible that the software they are using to generate these manifests, a program named
inside the manifests, a program hosted on sourceforge, has a bug. None of which solves
your problem. Oh well . . .

User

May 9, 2022, 12:27:50 PMMay 9
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Thanks for you re first insights. I myself don't had as much clue as you.

Yeah this type is used on some other websites from younity (which hosts the biggest personal development congress in europe).

And there are many more masterclasses which use this: e.g. https://www.zentrendeslebens.online/

" Michel has said he is considering adding support for this
type of DASH manifest to VDH but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen any
time soon. Perhaps this site could be a test case. I trust Michel to be much more
skilled at these things than I am. It is entirely possible that the apparent deviation
from the standard is intentional for the purpose of thwarting downloaders. "

I look hopefully into the future. :)

Wild Willy

May 9, 2022, 1:02:57 PMMay 9
to Video Download Helper Google Group
I checked your zentrend site & got the exact same error. The DASH manifest looks like
it's generated by the same software as the other site. You just may be out of luck on
this one.