Re: Not able to download video

Message has been deleted

Wild Willy

Jul 2, 2022, 2:50:15 PM7/2/22
to Video Download Helper Google Group
It's highly unlikely, by that I mean it's pretty much a lock, that Michel (he's the only
developer I've been able to identify) is not going to get into some sort of online
meeting with you to try to resolve this. He has stated on here a number of times that he
will not investigate anything behind a user ID & password, paid or otherwise, and he will
not accept anybody's logon credentials. Nor will I. I won't open myself to any later
recriminations. I'm sure you'd protest to the contrary & I don't have any reason at the
moment to doubt your integrity. But such is the world & this is my decision.

However, there may be a way you can get what you want. The URL you quoted looks like it
might be one chunk of the stream you are looking at. I don't know that it is much help.
On the other hand, since you know about the Network Monitor, I am encouraged that you
might be willing to learn how to use ffmpeg to get what you want. Click this link:

https://groups.google.com/g/video-downloadhelper-q-and-a/c/BzPLK2YyL-s

I imagine you'll want to bookmark that one. Among the many interesting (my biased
opinion) topics in there, search on "cannot download" to find the one relevant to this
discussion. Click the link that you'll find. It shows how you can use ffmpeg to
download things that VDH can't. It may or may not work, but you won't know that unless
you try. Do read through that entire thread about ffmpeg. It's more of a chronicle of
me learning stuff so it's clearer as you go along.

Do come back & post again. Don't leave this hanging. Use the Reply all button to
continue this discussion.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Piknockyou

Jul 2, 2022, 3:14:12 PM7/2/22
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A

I do not want my first E-Mail address to be visible. This is why I deleted my opening post and repost it here with another E-mail address + my reply to you:

Dear developers,

I am pretty much able to download any video with Video DownloadHelper.

But I recently came across a video on Adobe Captivate Prime I am not able to download.
I tried a lot of different extensions, but with no success.
I would like to ask the developers to look into my case via a meeting, because I cannot give you my login credentials.

All I can say is, that I found at Inspect -> Network -> Fetch/XHR a lot of links with names like (I've replaced some number/letter-strings with "..."):
https://bcbolt.....-a.akamaihd.net/media/v1/dash/live/clear/....../3x/segment10.m4f?akamai_token=exp=....~acl=/media/v1/dash/live/clear/2...../*~hmac=.....

Is that of any help? Can you say something about that? Or are you even willing to look at my example first hand?

Really looking forward hearing from you!

Willy, thank you for your thorough response.
I get, understand and accept your points!
If I had the time, I would get into every post you mentioned, but I have other priorities.
I was able to download the video with Internet Download Manager 6.41 Build 2.
It seems to be able to download any video incl. audio.
Seems to be a Game Changer for me.
Cheers!