Suggestion for improving the extension for downloading videos.

Илья Фомичев

May 10, 2022, 12:04:37 PMMay 10
to video-download...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody!
I think that the implementation of such functionality will not be a very
simple task, but it will allow downloading from any sites, bypassing
download protection, and even on unsupported resources.
I ask you to make an improvement in the following:
If the extension cannot download the file as an audio stream, it should
try to download it using one of the following methods:
1. Extract audio from google console section network section.
If possible.
2. The second version of the extension plays the file in fast playback
and writes it to the computer.
The extension works well for me, even if the site is not supported, but
some resources use additional download protection, and therefore the
extension does not cope.
the only thing is that it downloads a small 38 kb file
with .pard extension
An example of such a site:
boosty.to

I hope this information is useful to you and will help you improve the
extension in the future.

Wild Willy

May 10, 2022, 12:28:22 PMMay 10
to Video Download Helper Google Group
I disagree with this. Remember, I don't work for VDH. I'm just another user, like you.
VDH does not download protected content because it would be illegal to do so. You should
forget about your suggestion. It's not going to happen. Now, if you have a specific URL
you are having trouble with, you should post a proper problem report. Take a look over
here:

https://groups.google.com/g/video-downloadhelper-q-and-a/c/BzPLK2YyL-s

You'll probably find lots of links in there that will be useful over time. Specific to
this issue, do a string search on "problem report" in there. You will find 2 links which
you should click. Read what you find & follow the advice. It is possible that there is
a legal way to download what you are looking for. Possible. Maybe. Don't set your
expectations too high. But we need a proper problem report to investigate it. Do please
post again. Don't just drop your comments & walk away. There may be something somebody
here (not necessarily me) can do to help you. So let's continue this conversation.

Илья Фомичев

May 10, 2022, 1:30:37 PMMay 10
to video-download...@googlegroups.com
I am sorry!
Maybe I didn't say it right!
I have to enter not audio, protected, but the sites themselves that
block downloads!
But anyway, thanks for the info!
About the reports.
I do not know how to do that!
But the site certainly doesn't use digital rights protection.

Wild Willy

May 10, 2022, 9:32:28 PMMay 10
to Video Download Helper Google Group
Did you click the link I gave? DId you do the string search in that thread for the
string I mentioned? Did you click the 2 links you found there? That will tell you how
to make a problem report. It's quite simple, really. Just tell us about your system
environment. That takes only 1 line, as you will see if you click the links I told you
about & read what's there. Then post some URLs of pages that are giving you problems.
If the site requires a user ID & password, you'll also have to post screenshots of what
you are doing because nobody else is going to be able to log in there & try it for
themselves. But if anybody can get in without an ID & password, anybody can look at the
pages & see what can be done there. Don't just say site X is a problem. Give us exact
URLs of pages where you are seeing problems.

DRM is not the only way web sites thwart downloaders. They can use non-standard means to
supply their content. There is no international standard for hosting multimedia content
on web sites & we've encountered a number of such sites in this forum. You can do some
searches in here to find them. In some of those cases of non-standard presentation, we
can sometimes figure out a way of getting around it, sometimes not, but we can't
investigate the possibility without a proper problem report.