4k webm dowloading issue identified.

mjs

Feb 1, 2024, 1:20:09 AMFeb 1
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
I think I see the issue in that webm files won't accept aac audio, it must be opus.
The vp9 codec is correct but not the audio. Look at this example:

Stats for nerds on the 4k resolution shows that it uses vp9 and opus.
When I look at the video and audio manifests from VDH details page, the video codec is vp9 but the audio is aac. I thought that VDH could swap the aac codec for opus but
the master manifest offers no opus track anywhere.

So either the container format needs to be mp4 or the audio must be opus if webm.

The adp 4k variant has opus in extension version 8.1.4.0 , looks like adp variants are gone in 8.2.0.17a1 beta.

jcv...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2024, 1:53:31 AMFeb 1
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Hi mjs,
The dev team says
  • please download the MP4
  • we are aware of problems with UHD & WebM youtube video, and are working on the issue
jerome

Paul

Feb 1, 2024, 2:01:27 AMFeb 1
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
I was thinking of maybe replacing the WebM container to something more flexible, like mkv, for the VP9-non-oga content.

Paul

Feb 1, 2024, 2:02:45 AMFeb 1
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
> The adp 4k variant has opus in extension version 8.1.4.0 , looks like adp variants are gone in 8.2.0.17a1 beta.

you can re-enable them in the Video Quality Settings. Allow the "low quality variant" (we remove that other youtube HD variant as it's source of many failures).

mjs

Feb 1, 2024, 2:34:27 AMFeb 1
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
It actually works using the video and audio manifests in ffmpeg, I made it .mkv and it didn't complain with the error message.

Paul

Feb 1, 2024, 2:42:29 AMFeb 1
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Yeah I figured. I might just do that.

Paul

Feb 1, 2024, 4:51:16 AMFeb 1
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
@mjs can you update the beta? I made it so that MKV is selected if the audio codec is not WebM compatible.

mjs

Feb 1, 2024, 6:54:47 AMFeb 1
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Looks like it works, no error message.
I have a mkv file with h264 & vorbis codecs.