can't download 2k or 4k videos from youtube

NUMAN ZAHID

Oct 20, 2023, 7:42:11 AM10/20/23
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Hi everyone,

Hope you all doing well.

I am able to download maximum 1080 video from Youtube, but there is no option to download videos above 1080p. Do I need to change some settings or do I need use it differently? please let me know.
License code of premium is added, if that helps.

Thanks

Wild Willy

Oct 20, 2023, 4:41:20 PM10/20/23
to Video Download Helper Google Group

I am running Windows 7 64-bit, Firefox 115.3.1esr, VDH 8.1.0.0a5 beta, CoApp 2.0.4. I
visited this page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBtOEmUqASQ

Note that I never launched playback of the video on the YouTube page. I get the results
you can see in the attached images. That, by the way, is how you are supposed to report
problems here.

If you are not running those releases of VDH & the CoApp, you should be. In addition,
there is advice on the confirmation page you will receive when you install that version
of VDH. Read the page & follow the advice.
#01.png
#02.png
#03.png
#04.png

NUMAN ZAHID

Oct 24, 2023, 9:00:39 AM10/24/23
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A

I am running Windows 11 64-bit, Firefox 119.0b9 (64-bit), VDH 8.0.0.6 ,  VdhCoApp 1.6.3
visited this page:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD9n01Mck0Q

I am only seeing option to download 1920x1080

I tried without playback and after playback. I tried selecting 4k in quality option.

check screenshot.
Screenshot 2023-10-24 175839.png
Screenshot 2023-10-24 175804.png

Cristiano Alves

Nov 22, 2023, 8:48:35 PM11/22/23
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
I have the same problem with any video on youtube.

Horace Gilchrist

Nov 30, 2023, 9:16:49 PM11/30/23
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Throwing my hat into the unable to download 2k, or 4k video ring as well. 1080p is the highest level available to select. It happens on any YT, and any site with video embedded.

Using Firefox, and Linux

Thanks!

Message has been deleted

Wild Willy

Dec 1, 2023, 3:25:26 AM12/1/23
to Video Download Helper Google Group

I'm going to guess that you did not read the confirmation page you got when you installed
the latest beta of VDH for Firefox. You did install the beta. It is specifically
updated to cure many problems on YouTube. So if you're not running the latest beta, get
it. Where? Go to the home page of this forum. Look at the page. Really look at it.
Look at it as if you'd never seen it before. Specifically, look at the part at the top
that your eyes are used to skipping over. Read it. You should be able to figure things
out from there. While you're at it, you also need to be on the latest release of the
CoApp. You should find where to get that when you find where to get the latest beta of
the browser extension.

Since you didn't read the confirmation page, you can learn about what you missed. You
have to search this forum for a thread with the title, "How to download from YouTube."
That is the complete title of the thread. Don't settle for anything else. Within that
thread, look for the post dated July 17. That gives you instructions with screenshots of
what you most likely have not yet done. Once you have done that, your problems should be
cured.

Here's a demonstration. There is a filter at the top of the YouTube home page that
restricts the display to videos of resolution 4K. I clicked that, then picked the first
4K video it showed me. It happened to be this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQGYHTc51NE

As you can see in the attached image, VDH is quite happy to offer you a 4K variant for
download. Note that it has the Side Download icon on it. If you ever see VDH offering
you Side Download variants, those are the ones you should use. Always use Side Download
when it is offered.
#01.jpg