companion app installs but never works

Tony Hart

Nov 16, 2023, 10:51:41 PM11/16/23
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Have tried multiple betas and the default packages from extension library. Companion app doesn't work.. app only works if I can download with browser

VDH - 8.1.0.0a8
FF - 119.0.1

jcv...@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2023, 2:12:34 AM11/17/23
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A

Tony Hart

Nov 27, 2023, 7:20:42 PM11/27/23
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
On the extension settings page I do the recheck and it always returns "Checking companion app returned: An unexpected error occurred"
Happens regardless of CoApp version

jcv...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2023, 3:25:24 AM11/28/23
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A

michael brown

Dec 3, 2023, 1:01:21 AM12/3/23
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
I'm running Ubuntu 22 and have Firefox installed from a deb (not the usual APT version from SNAP). After lot of reading I found no solution.
However, I thought why not test vhcoapp from the command line. When you do this it says try the install flag! Now the videos are downloaded.
The command is:
   //opt/vdhcoapp/vdhcoapp install

Hope that fixes people's issue.

Tony Hart

Dec 6, 2023, 2:47:35 AM12/6/23
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Last update with re-registering the app seems to have fixed it! ty