Removing QR Code Watermark

Edward

Nov 25, 2019, 1:26:23 PM11/25/19
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A

I downloaded several videos and then uploaded them to You Tube. Subsequent to doing that I purchased a Video Downloader license for Firefox. Is there a way to remove the QR code from the videos that I have previously downloaded and then uploaded to You Tube prior to my purchase of the license?

Wild Willy

Nov 25, 2019, 10:01:51 PM11/25/19
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Buying a license does not remove the watermark from videos you already have.  The process of writing the watermark into a downloaded video is performed by VDH by writing the watermark into every single individual frame of the video.  For even a video of a decent duration, this requires writing a LOT of frames.  And as the resolution goes up, so does the size of each frame, but duration is probably a more influential consideration.  Do the arithmetic.  Duration 5 minute video, times 30 frames per second, how many frames is that?  The longer the duration of the video, the worse this gets.  This step is rather time consuming & there's plenty of posts in this group from people complaining about how long it takes.  But when you understand how it's done, there's no point in complaining.  Before I got my license, it was not out of the question to see it take 8 hours or even longer to get that step done.  To speed it up, in fact to eliminate the step, buy a license.  VDH doesn't write the watermark into the video if you have a license.  This is the one and only difference between the free & licensed versions of VDH.  The free version is the full function version.  Back to the original topic.  Since the watermark has been written into every single individual frame of any video you already have, you would need another application that erased it from every single individual frame of the video.  Aside from the fact that such an application does not exist (unless there's some enterprising user who has written one that I don't know about), you would have issues with recreating the information that is obscured by the watermark, information that is irretrievably lost when the watermark is written.  So you would end up with a black/white/grey hole in your video where the watermark had been.  Not to mention that such an application would take the same amount of time to erase the watermark as VDH did when it wrote the watermark into the video.  So I would say that even if such an application existed, it would be a hard sell.  Sad but true, the only way to remove the watermark is to buy a license then download the videos in question again.  That is, if they're still available.  Good luck!