Extension dosent work with IceRaven android browser

Bony Jose

May 20, 2022, 5:30:57 AMMay 20
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
this extension is listed as supported extension in Iceraven android apk, but download fails immediately on clicking it, please support the extension there, thanks.

Wild Willy

May 20, 2022, 1:02:42 PMMay 20
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Then the information you read is in error.  VDH works on desktop Windows, desktop Linux,
& desktop Mac.  (By desktop, I mean to include of course laptops & similar platforms,
just not cell phones.)  The only supported browsers are Firefox, Chrome, & Edge.  I've
never heard of IceRaven but that means only that my experience is limited.  But IceRaven
does not match Firefox, Chrome, or Edge, therefore it is not supported.  At least I have
heard of Android.  I have an Android phone myself.  But there has never been any claim
that VDH works on any type of cell phone, Android, iPhone, or anything else.  Whatever
you read is completely bogus.  You should not believe it.  It does not work in the
environment where you are claiming it is supposed to work.  Personally, I wouldn't care
for VDH to work on a cell phone but that's just me.  Me, a non-employee of VDH, just
another user, like you & nearly everybody else who posts here.  Perhaps your request for
VDH support on cell phones might be considered by the VDH folks at some point.  But you
seem to be badly misinformed by something highly misleading you read somewhere.  VDH has
never worked on a cell phone & as far as I know, there are no plans to make VDH work on a
cell phone.

Bony Jose

May 23, 2022, 1:32:11 AMMay 23
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A

sorry for not being clear on what IceRaven is, its a fork of the original Firefox for Android browser with added extension support and less telemetry etc, the browser lists VDH as the official list of supported extensions just like we have a bunch of supported extensions in FF for android. i contacted iceraven support regarding why VDH is listed but working in Android, he recommended to contact VDH devs for support. So if its not supported on Android, i humbly request the dev team to support VDH for android platform. Thanks

Bony Jose

May 23, 2022, 1:37:15 AMMay 23
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A

Wild Willy

May 23, 2022, 5:42:12 PMMay 23
to Video Download Helper Google Group
I did a search using the search key "android" in this group. A rarely used idea, doing a
search for your topic in here. I found this relevant post from our esteemed developer
Michel:

https://groups.google.com/g/video-downloadhelper-q-and-a/c/9hvm6aDgi1g/m/MW10N1n2BAAJ

I believe that means VDH for Android is simply not going to happen. You would do well to
redirect your energy to something more productive.