Could it support sproutvideo

Mohamed AbuTair

Apr 30, 2021, 2:03:38 AM4/30/21
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Hi, I would have liked to purchase the license, but when trying the download from sproutvideo.com
It does not support downloading and an error appears. Can this problem be fixed, so that I can download videos from this site?

Example videos

jcv...@gmail.com

Apr 30, 2021, 2:39:16 AM4/30/21
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
hi,

I can't promise but I add it to the "sites to be investigated" list.  Thanks for the feedback.

jerome

Wild Willy

Apr 30, 2021, 11:03:56 PM4/30/21
to Video Download Helper Google Group
I took a look at the first URL the original poster gave. There is a master manifest here which I
attempted to run ffprobe against. I got these errors:

HTTP error 403 Forbidden
parse_playlist error Server returned 403 Forbidden (access denied)
Empty segment

I'm sure that means something to Michel. To me it's a paradox. How can this stuff be forbidden
while I have no problem playing the video in the web page?

mig

May 1, 2021, 4:27:45 AM5/1/21
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
A HTTP error is decided by and only by the server application. Here, error 403  is generally returned to indicate that the user is accessing a resource for which it does not have the rights.
If the resource has already been accessed (the video runs in the page), it could be that the 2nd attempt to access the resource (this time by VDH) is not allowed. Or maybe they implemented some sort of protection mechanism that requires a specific HTTP header in the request. Anyway, i'm afraid VDH won't work here.
Message has been deleted