New here but cant download p o r n h u b

jj no_name

Sep 12, 2022, 11:16:04 PM9/12/22
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
I've just paid for a subscription but I cannot download streams from pornhub or youporn. I can download for other sites. The subscription is verified.
I get Response code 474 (undefined) or the download shows as started but doesn't download anything.

I am using nordVPN.

Wild Willy

Sep 12, 2022, 11:31:18 PM9/12/22
to Video Download Helper Google Group
Every once in a while somebody posts on here that they can't download from there. I have
occasionally downloaded from there no problem. Since you have made me guess about your
setup & what videos you're having trouble with, I won't tell you about my setup & what
works for me either. I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Mike

Jun 1, 2023, 7:29:38 AM6/1/23
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
I''ve just discovered that PH has introduced the same (or similar) restrictions as YT.   With no account or with a basic account, the VDH stream is extremely slow and stops after a few minutes after only downloading the first few seconds or maybe a minute or two of what was initially an 11 minute video.  In this case, I tried purchasing a premium account because I thought they offered "above board" downloads with a Premium account.  It turns out that they don''t offer direct downloads, but VDH works fine with the same video that wouldn't work without the Premium account.  In other words, they seem to be okay with VDH (or perhaps other tools) as long as they are being paid.  I am okay with that, I've never had any intentions of piracy or sharing or stealing anything from anybody.  All I insist upon is that websites allow full-resolution file downloads so I can watch on my own player without having to be online.  Whether or not there is an alternative solution for VDH to work now without the Premium account, I don't know the answer.  Hope this insight is helpful to someone else.  Thank you.

Wild Willy

Jun 1, 2023, 8:28:25 PM6/1/23
to Video Download Helper Google Group

I have no kind of account on that site. I never have. I went there & found the first
URL you can see in the attached image. I switched it to the highest available
resolution, which happened to be 1920x1080. I clicked the play button to let the ad
start playing & clicked the skip button once the timer let me. Then I let the video play
a couple of seconds in the web page. Then I stopped it. The VDH menu had a variant for
the video. VDH downloaded it just fine in about 3 minutes & it played just fine in VLC.

Then I noticed this happened to have been posted 4 years ago. So I went looking for
something more recent. The second URL in the attached image said it had gone up 4 hours
ago (longer ago now, of course). Since I had already switched the first video to
1920x1080, the second one was at that resolution from the outset. Also, since I had
allowed an ad to play on the first video, this one didn't require that I go through that
formality. The VDH menu showed a variant for 1920x1080 without my having to launch
playback. I downloaded that, taking about 1 minute, & once again, it played just fine in
VLC.

I don't know what to tell you. The site usually downloads these clips in about 3
minutes. The second one I just got took only 1 minute, which I think might have just
been luck. The 2 clips are of comparable durations & their sizes differ by only 1M. So
I have no idea why the second one came in faster. Whatever the case today, I have never
had a problem getting content from there with VDH.

There are some things you need to look out for. Every page on there is loaded with ads.
Those ads usually litter the top of the VDH menu, to the point you might have to scroll
the VDH menu to get to the variant for the actual content. In addition to the ads on the
pages, many of the videos will not play until after you have let a video ad play on the
page. At least they have a skip ad button with a timer on it so you can skip the ad
after a few seconds. Once you're past the ad, VDH detects the content. Also, once you
play one ad, you can visit a few free pages that don't include video ads. But after some
number of pages, you'll once again hit a page on which you have to play the game with
skipping the ad. VDH seems to be very good at detecting the resolution & duration of the
clips. If the variant you are looking at on the VDH menu does not show both a resolution
& a duration, you're looking at the wrong variant. Of course, make sure the duration
matches what you can see in the video player, or at least is within a second or two.

I looked at the Hit Details for these clips & VDH is reporting HLS master manifests for
these things. That's not surprising, given that this content usually comes in a variety
of resolutions. I haven't bothered to try it but it looks like it would be no trouble at
all to get this stuff with ffmpeg.

So I have to say that I am seeing none of the problems you are describing. These things
download in a reasonable amount of time, far faster than what YouTube does. Also, you
should use the gear in the video player to select the resolution you want. VDH detects
that resolution without fail. I think maybe you are doing something wrong here. This
site is far friendlier to deal with than YouTube.
#01.png

Wild Willy

Jun 3, 2023, 8:29:03 AM6/3/23
to Video Download Helper Google Group

I decided to take up my own challenge. I picked a video at random. It doesn't matter
which one it was. I'm sure they can all be handled the same as the one I did here. It
turns out the site is very helpful for anybody who wants to use ffmpeg to download their
content. They supply an HLS master manifest that is named master.m3u8 which makes it
very obvious in the Network Monitor. The only glitch is that you might have to reload
the web page once or twice to make the manifest appear. But it does appear.

I would expect HLS master manifests to be of type x-mpegurl. But that's just my primary
expectation. My secondary expectation is to see a master manifest show up as type
vnd.apple.mpegurl, which appears to be what this site favors. Whatever, as long as
there's a master manifest. The attached file shows how I downloaded this particular
video.

You'll notice that there are gibberish strings in the URL of the manifest I used. I draw
your attention to the one labelled &hash=, but there are also ?validfrom= and &validto=.
I believe -- I am not certain but my experience leads me to this guess -- that these
strings in the URL associate it exclusively with my visit to the web page. I also guess
that the URL is valid only for a limited time. If you try to use the URL that you can
copy/paste out of my attached file, I would be not at all surprised if it doesn't work
for you. So don't post about that. You have to visit these pages yourself. The URLs
you will get will have different gibberish strings that will work for you & nobody else.

I have to say I was rather surprised to discover we have Timed_ID3 data here. My
downloads from this site with VDH have always worked fine. Perhaps the Timed_ID3 data
causes problems for other people. My standards for what I have always gotten from this
site have always been rather low. I don't expect the technical quality of the video
files to be particularly high, meaning I expect the bit rates to be low, even for
1920x1080 content. You can see that in the case of the file I got here, the bit rates
are in the 1500-2000 kbps range. Good quality 1920x1080 content has bit rates in the
5000 kbps range. Very good quality is in the 6000-7000 kbps range. Great quality is
over 8000. But with the volume of content this site holds, they have to cut corners
somewhere, & video quality is where they do it. But if there are skips in the content I
have downloaded with VDH, I haven't been too fussed over it. I suspect that content
downloaded with VDH from this site is plagued by skips. The presence of Timed_ID3 data
would explain the skips. Downloading with ffmpeg lets you ignore the Timed_ID3 data, as
I did in this example. That should give you smooth playback, without skips.

Another word on that URL. You'll notice at the top of the file where I quote the ffmpeg
command I used, that every % is doubled. That's because I didn't just execute the
command. Typing a monstrosity like that every time I want to download something would be
insanity, or at least drive me to insanity. No, I issued the command from inside a
command script, a .Bat file. When you do that, you have to double each %. Look closely
lower down in the file, within the lines logged by ffmpeg. You'll notice that the same
URL appears but the % signs are all singletons. That is the real URL of the master
manifest, evidence that doubling the % signs is what the Windows command processor
requires if you want to make this work. If you really want to understand the issue of %
signs in .Bat files, search the web for answers.

After the completion of the ffmpeg command, I took some measurements. You can see that
in the attached file. One of the measurements is the download speed I got. You'll see
that it was pretty good in this case. I think this site is quite good about the speeds
it will give you for downloading its content. I have not usually seen speeds quite this
high, maybe more like half this. But maybe you get better speeds if you use ffmpeg.
Perhaps the Timed_ID3 data causes VDH to slow down. I don't know. I'm guessing. This
is not a site from which I frequently get content. Whatever the case, this site gives
much better service than YouTube.
PH Testmp4 Log.txt

John Moore

Jun 3, 2023, 8:39:13 AM6/3/23
to Mike, Video DownloadHelper Q&A
If you reload the page then check whether it is able to be downloaded, if not reload till it can, this i the case for a few wank sites

John Moore

I.S-I.T. Computing
0405720081
Information Systems - Information Technology
Professional IT services