Question regarding ONVIF on the VICON cameras.

Kim Madsen

Jan 29, 2019, 9:31:37 AM1/29/19
to Vicon Security Help Forum
Hi all,

I've been trying to see if VICON IP cameras could be connected to different equipment than VICONs own.
I've tried with a V922D-N39M-IP model and this model works (mostly) but the following model is not recognized: V992D-IR.
The reason I write (mostly) on the V992D-N39M-IP model, is that I've tried to connect multiple of this model but only 2 is recognized.
On the VICON equipment all cameras is recognized but not one the other brand - I've even copied the IP range on the other brand and the PoE ports recognizes that something is plug in.
So should I conclude that VICON IP cameras does not work with other brands (via ONVIF) or is there something I'm missing?

Best regards Kim.

Guy Arazi (Vicon PM)

Jan 31, 2019, 6:20:29 AM1/31/19
to Vicon Security Help Forum
Kim,

The 992 cameras are fairly old and used to support an early version of ONVIF. The 922 (notice the difference) have updated firmware on the Vicon web site.
In both cased, integration to other VMS is supported based on ONVIF. If the VMS requires a later ONVIF version that the 922 can offer, it may not work.

The 922 with the latest firmware should work well on any ONVIF driver based VMS.