Kollector showing as "invalid"

Tony Spivey

Aug 21, 2019, 11:34:10 AM8/21/19
to Vicon Security Help Forum
Very old Kollector Pro running WinXP Embedded.  Replaced a failed power supply, booted the unit up, and have no cameras.  Camera head unit has power, nothing camera-related was unplugged.  I noticed on the Nucleus that the unit is reporting as "Invalid".  I have replaced a dozen or so power supplies (5 in the last week thanks to a massive storm), and have never had this happen.  How do I get the unit to report as a Kollector again, as all our others do?  Ask any questions you need, I'll try to answer.  I was thrown into this job, don't have a lot to work with as far as documentation.

Guy Arazi (Vicon PM)

Aug 21, 2019, 11:53:19 AM8/21/19
to Vicon Security Help Forum
Tony,

Invalid typically refers to a license issue. On the Kollector, what does it show up on the top bar (should say Kollector) and what is shown in the license registration page?
Also, make sure your power to the back panel where the BNCs are on is connected (maybe disconnected when you replaced the PS). If the hardware isn't found by the software, it will not be recognized as a Kollector, hopefully it didn't fry with that PS issue...

Tony Spivey

Aug 21, 2019, 1:02:02 PM8/21/19
to Vicon Security Help Forum
There's a clue!  On the kollector, it says "Workstation" at the top, I go into registration it says Kollector Pro as license type.  I have checked all the connections on the back, they seem solid.  Going to open it up again after lunch and make sure I didn't accidentally unplug something inside, or neglect to plug something back in.  These were panic jobs!  Thanks!

Tony Spivey

Aug 21, 2019, 4:04:52 PM8/21/19
to Vicon Security Help Forum
Decided to pop the cover and reconnect the power cable that goes back to the back...that I assume must be for cameras.  Pulled the 4-prong plug...and found a good sized dust bunny had gotten in the way.  Not the best environment in this particular closet.  This was a panic job, so I didn't even see that.  Blew out the plug and the socket, plugged it back in, and I have cameras again.  Thanks for your hlep!