Clive Tyldesley

Tony Sweeney

Jun 29, 2024, 3:12:25 PM (yesterday) Jun 29
to vibistro
As I write Clive Tyldesley is giving his last football commentary on ITV,  the game is Germany v Denmark.
He is almost 70 and I assume he is retiring.
He was ITV's senior football commentator from 1998 until 2020. In that role, he led the ITV commentary team at five World Cups and five European Championships and was lead commentator on seventeen UEFA Champions League finals and nine FA Cup finals for ITV.
He currently serves as the lead commentator for CBS/Paramount Plus live UEFA Champions League coverage in the United States.
In 2021, his first book was published by Headline: the semi-autobiographical "Not for me, Clive".
Tyldesley’s career began as a teaboy at Nottingham’s Radio Trent in 1975, joining the sports team within weeks covering Brian Clough’s Nottingham Forest.
In the spring of 1977, he joined Radio City in Liverpool, eventually becoming Head of Sport. Tyldesley commentated on four European Cup finals involving Liverpool, reporting live on the Heysel Stadium disaster before the final in 1985.
Tyldesley also chronicled Everton’s successes in the mid-1980s  and reported extensively on the aftermath of the Hillsborough disaster.
Mike Terry, UKRL list
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#29513) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [tonyms...@gmail.com]

_._,_._,_