Lottie Ryan 'clears up some recent headlines' on her 2FM future

Dominique Farrell

Jun 26, 2024, 9:52:43 AM (5 days ago) Jun 26
to vibi...@googlegroups.com

Radio broadcaster Lottie Ryan has taken to social media to "clear up some recent headlines" about her role on 2FM, saying that she always knew she would only be presenting the Drive show for five weeks.

Several newspaper reports have suggested that she was being axed from the show earlier than planned, however, the former Dancing with the Stars champion has told her almost 100k Instagram followers that this is not the case.

Writing on the social media platform she said:

"I wanted to clear up some recent headlines about my role at 2FM. When it was announced that I would be taking over Drive, it was always agreed between myself and my bosses that this would be for a five-week stint. The term "summer schedule" has led to some confusion, implying a 12-week duration.

"To clarify - the plan was always for a short-term cover, and I knew this from the start. The phrase "summer schedule" has led to all this confusion. I'm not going anywhere and am very much part of 2FM. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time with the incredible Drive team and it’s been an absolute joy working with such amazing people.

"Thanks for all the support!"

It was revealed that Lottie Ryan and David O'Reilly would take over the afternoon slot after The 2 Johnnies announced they were leaving the  station in May.

At the time, Head of RTÉ 2FM Dan Healy said:

"We are very happy that for the summer we are strengthening our schedule with 2FM homegrown talent with Aifric, Lottie and David."

Aifric O'Connell was drafted in on the breakfast show after Doireann Garrihy ended her tenure with 2FM at the end of last month. O'Connell joined Carl Mullan and Donncha O'Callaghan on the early morning show - O'Callaghan has since confirmed that he will also be leaving the station next month.

It has not yet been announced if there will be a replacement for O'Callaghan.

RTÉ Entertainment.

Tony Sweeney

Jun 26, 2024, 10:02:53 AM (5 days ago) Jun 26
to vibi...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Dominique.

It certainly wasn't my opinion as Lottie was hailed as the new sound of 22FM a couple weeks back.

Perhaps Lottie is being aomwhat 'muzzlesd' and is afriad that any apparent critism of RTÉ/2FM may lead to herr receiving no further offers from the broadcaster.

Tony

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIBISTRO" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vibistro/000001dac7d0%241d8dacc0%2458a90640%24%40gmail.com.